Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Translation Challenges Mailen

I faced several challenges while I was translating this medical text. All related to the use of specialized terminology:


  1. Tears: In order to understand the term, I searched in the free dictionary by farlex, the meaning of the word tears: “A rent or disruption of a flattened tissue or surface”. As well, I had to consult the meaning of several terms, in the same field: cuff, allogenic, mesenchymal, osteogenic, strain, cell culture, chondrocytes, scaffold and decorin.

Tear. (s. f.) TheFreeDictionary.com. Recuperado 12 de mayo de 2021, de: https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/tear 


  1. Reverse shoulder prosthesis: I did not understand the meaning of this medical expression, in order to do so I consulted two different sources: 


  1. Long head of the biceps tendon (LHB): I did a survey on the meaning of this technical expression because I was not sure how to translate it. So I read the following PDF:

[PDF] Lesión de la polea e inestabilidad del tendón de la cabeza larga del - Free Download PDF. (2018, 15 mayo). Lesión de La Polea e Inestabilidad Del Tendón de La Cabeza Larga Del Bíceps. https://nanopdf.com/download/lesion-de-la-polea-e-inestabilidad-del-tendon-de-la-cabeza-larga-del_pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment